kranzera1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2049 views

load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

is it possible to start a imaging script only with z_auto.cfg?

I dont want that computers automaticaly starts the imagingtasks when they boot up!
Only our IT-Support should make it manually with the Preboot Service Menue.

Thanks Andreas
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

Sorry, but please rephrase your question, since I simply don't
understand it.

If you wants to make sure, that the preboot menu shows as default, then
go to your ZCC/Configuration/Configuration/Device Management/Preboot
Service/PXE Options

If you are looking for customazation of the preboot menu, look here:


http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_cm_preboot_imaging/data/bve6kpq.html#bvekwrt

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net


kranzera wrote:

>
> is it possible to start a imaging script only with z_auto.cfg?
>
> I dont want that computers automaticaly starts the imagingtasks when
> they boot up!
> Only our IT-Support should make it manually with the Preboot Service
> Menue.
>
> Thanks Andreas


Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
kranzera1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

all our pcs starts with pxe enabled.
when a computer should get a new image,
we will do it manually with the preboot menue (Strg+Alt).
= the automatic mode over z_auto.cfg should
start a preconfigured imaging script.

= we dont want to start an imaging-restore with an automatic task at the computers boot.

How can I do this?
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

Follow the link I already gave you on customizing the PXE menu
--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net


kranzera wrote:

>
> all our pcs starts with pxe enabled.
> when a computer should get a new image,
> we will do it manually with the preboot menue (Strg+Alt).
> = the automatic mode over z_auto.cfg should
> start a preconfigured imaging script.
>
> = we dont want to start an imaging-restore with an automatic task at
> the computers boot.
>
> How can I do this?


Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
kranzera1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

sorry, I know this dokus, but I cant find a way to start a preconfigured imaging script with the PXE menu...
HELP
0 Likes
ukdtom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

Ahhhh....Finally understand you 😉
Sorry it took some time....


Look in the settings.txt file for the IMGCMD parameter

>

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_preboot_imaging/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_preboot_imaging/data/b2cdmbf.html#b2ce2k7

--
Tommy Mikkelsen
IT Quality A/S, Denmark
Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP

Sorry, but no support through email
Please join http://www.open-horizons.net


kranzera wrote:

>
> sorry, I know this dokus, but I cant find a way to start a
> preconfigured imaging script with the PXE menu...
> HELP


Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen Denmark Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
0 Likes
kranzera1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: load imagingscript-bundle only with z_auto.cfg

thanks, this works...but..
is there a possibilty to do this without manipulate the initrd-file?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.