lxzndr Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

out of space on server

ZCM 11.3.2.0
on SLES 11sp3

Where should I be looking to free up space?
zcm:~ # df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 49G 33G 16G 69% /
udev 3.0G 112K 3.0G 1% /dev
tmpfs 3.0G 12K 3.0G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sdc1 126G 120G 162M 100% /var/opt/novell/zenworks
/dev/sdb1 128G 73G 56G 57% /var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/images
/dev/sdd1 252G 185G 55G 78% /var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/images/raw

zcm:/var/opt/novell/zenworks # du -h -d 1
16K ./lost+found
860K ./cache
300M ./collection
353G ./content-repo
14G ./database
8.0K ./datamodel
20K ./discovery
12K ./server-stats
4.0K ./services
21M ./system-update
20K ./tmp
55M ./unmanaged
2.9M ./work
9.3G ./zmd
12K ./adm
9.0M ./lib
4.0K ./puppet
4.0K ./rm
248K ./TID7007319
176K ./TID7009926
796K ./deployment
4.0K ./yum-repo
19M ./logs
8.0K ./ext
3.4M ./apps
377G .

/var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/content is 86GB
what is the best way to clean up the old stuff there? It appears I can't just list disabled patches, it also lists active ones.

/var/opt/novell/zenworks/zmd/cache/ZenCache is 9.3 GB and has files back to 2012
can those be cleaned up?
what is the best way to do that?

Thank you,
Mike
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Antw: out of space on server

Hi,

If you have bundles with many old versions (remember, old versions of bundles are kept and you could switch back to them) you could delete the older versions you don´t need any more.

But afair it is a manual process and therefore boring and time consuming.

if it is a virtual server you should be easily able to extend the added sdc1. (that would be the quickest way)

kind regards

Gerd Zobel
The NetWorker GmbH
www.the-networker.de
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Antw: out of space on server

If running ZPM, make sure ZPM is not configured to download "not applicable patches".
Otherwise you will be downloading lots of patches that are not needed, which will take up a tone of space.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
lxzndr Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I deleted some bundles that are inactive, and some old revisions of others. will see how that affects things after the cleanup.

I'm pretty sure not downloading "not applicable patches" as most of them are not cached, I am running patch policies and really only see patches that are part of those being cached. But how do I know if old ones that are superseded are removed or not?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

lxzndr;2405964 wrote:
I deleted some bundles that are inactive, and some old revisions of others. will see how that affects things after the cleanup.

I'm pretty sure not downloading "not applicable patches" as most of them are not cached, I am running patch policies and really only see patches that are part of those being cached. But how do I know if old ones that are superseded are removed or not?

Thanks,
Mike

If a patch is superceded, the old version is marked as disabled and the content appears to be deleted (or so it appears on my system).

However, ZPM will keep every patch it ever downloaded that is NOT superceded, even if all your devices no longer need it. You will need to manually find them and delete them.

However, IF you are using baseline/patch policy, you have to be very careful that the patch you are deleting is NOT in there. IF it is, you'll end up with an orphaned bundle in the patch and the only way to fix it is to rebuild the patch policy.

I freed up about 8 GB in my content repo by deleting patches as far back as like 2007 that we no longer need ( no more Windows 2000 or XP/etc.)
--Kevin
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can delete old System Updates as well.

Using "zman suva" may list some not seen in the ZCC.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

CRAIGDWILSON;2406000 wrote:
You can delete old System Updates as well.

Using "zman suva" may list some not seen in the ZCC.

Yes, forgot about that. The old PRU's will be in there as well, but they usually don't take up much space.
0 Likes
dtemple-sgi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can also cleanup superceded agent msi and rpm files from
/opt/novell/zenworks/install/downloads/msi
/opt/novell/zenworks/install/downloads/rpm

I usually hang onto the superceded msi/rpm's for the agent versions registered in the zone and everything else gets removed.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.