technomoney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rediscovering a workstation

When a workstation has been removed from the ZCM control center, but still exists and needs reimported how is that done?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: rediscovering a workstation

Anyone know?

0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would think if the workstation is still registered with the zone, next time it would check in the workstation object would be recreted.

If not done automatically, you could possibly need to re-register the workstation:

zac reg Primaryserver.Com

If it cannot register with the zone, you might have to locally unregister the workstation first:

zac unr -f

then register the workstation.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

patrick_reeder;1893123 wrote:
I would think if the workstation is still registered with the zone, next time it would check in the workstation object would be recreted.

If not done automatically, you could possibly need to re-register the workstation:

If it cannot register with the zone, you might have to locally unregister the workstation first:

zac unr -f

Thank you. That's what I needed.

0 Likes
motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

patrick_reeder;1893123 wrote:

zac unr -f

ditto. did the trick for me as well
0 Likes
scatton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yeah, you can run zac to register and re-register but you gotta go to the machine and you also need username and password to zac reg and zac rereg

we got first registration working fine and good

but trying cover the scenario of workstation device deleted from ZCC and we want it back in without having to visit the machine

we got 10000 machine on zen7 all in edir, if workstation object is deleted it comes back after reboot - automatically

we're moving to zen10 and want same thing

anybody got it working?

thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.