Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
620 views

remote control crashes for one PC

ZCM 11.3.2 I have one user who I cannot remote control - it always
crashes. The interesting thing is that this was a problem with his
old PC. I recently gave him a new PC and I am having the same
problem. So with both his old and new PCs, I had identically imaged
PCs that I could remote without a problem. I'm assuming he is doing
something to his PC that is causing the problem. Any suggestions for
where to look to find a clue to the cause?

Thanks!
Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: remote control crashes for one PC

Does it happen if the user is not logged into his PC?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: remote control crashes for one PC

On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:36:03 GMT, CRAIGDWILSON
<CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Does it happen if the user is not logged into his PC?


I had him logout and I remoted it at the login prompt and it worked
fine. Then I logged it in as an Admin account of mine and exited
remote and remoted in again and it worked. So then I logged out and
had him log it in. I tried to remote in and now it works. Wierd. I
don't know why it is working now. But I guess I want worry about it
unless the problem comes back.

Thanks,
Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: remote control crashes for one PC

On Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:42:29 GMT, KeN Etter
<ketter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:36:03 GMT, CRAIGDWILSON
><CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>Does it happen if the user is not logged into his PC?

>
>I had him logout and I remoted it at the login prompt and it worked
>fine. Then I logged it in as an Admin account of mine and exited
>remote and remoted in again and it worked. So then I logged out and
>had him log it in. I tried to remote in and now it works. Wierd. I
>don't know why it is working now. But I guess I want worry about it
>unless the problem comes back.
>
>Thanks,
>Ken


Just needed to remote into him and it was ok until I tried to enlarge
the screen. 98% of the people here have two monitors and when the
remote screen first appears everything is too small because his two
screens are displayed in a window on one of my screens. I enlarged
the window and my remote session crashed. And now it crashes
immediately whenever I try to remote. Probably take a reboot on his
end to clear it up.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: remote control crashes for one PC

Are you able to open an SR?
If so, please do so and post the SR# here.

If not, please drop me an email at CRAIG_D_WILSON@Yahoo.com.
Please put something about the "Novell Forums" in the title so that is stands out from Spam.

Thanks!

ketter;2433942 wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:42:29 GMT, KeN Etter
<ketter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:36:03 GMT, CRAIGDWILSON
><CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>Does it happen if the user is not logged into his PC?

>
>I had him logout and I remoted it at the login prompt and it worked
>fine. Then I logged it in as an Admin account of mine and exited
>remote and remoted in again and it worked. So then I logged out and
>had him log it in. I tried to remote in and now it works. Wierd. I
>don't know why it is working now. But I guess I want worry about it
>unless the problem comes back.
>
>Thanks,
>Ken


Just needed to remote into him and it was ok until I tried to enlarge
the screen. 98% of the people here have two monitors and when the
remote screen first appears everything is too small because his two
screens are displayed in a window on one of my screens. I enlarged
the window and my remote session crashed. And now it crashes
immediately whenever I try to remote. Probably take a reboot on his
end to clear it up.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: remote control crashes for one PC

On Sat, 09 Jul 2016 15:26:02 GMT, CRAIGDWILSON
<CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Are you able to open an SR?
>If so, please do so and post the SR# here.
>
>If not, please drop me an email at CRAIG_D_WILSON@Yahoo.com.
>Please put something about the "Novell Forums" in the title so that is
>stands out from Spam.
>
>Thanks!


I can usually. Unfortunately, the Novell Customer Center is messed up
again (this happened to me one other time). It is responding very
slowly and when I actually get to the place where I can open the case,
it doesn't let me specify my account. I will wait and try again
later. Hopefully it doesn't take too long before whoever is
responsible gets it running right again.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: remote control crashes for one PC

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:06:36 GMT, KeN Etter
<ketter@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Jul 2016 15:26:02 GMT, CRAIGDWILSON
><CRAIGDWILSON@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>Are you able to open an SR?
>>If so, please do so and post the SR# here.
>>
>>If not, please drop me an email at CRAIG_D_WILSON@Yahoo.com.
>>Please put something about the "Novell Forums" in the title so that is
>>stands out from Spam.


Craig,

Customer Center is working now.
SR# 101015025091

Thanks!
Ken

--------------------------------------------------------
Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.