acshearer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

upgrading workstations to 11.2.2 agent

Hi,

I recently upgraded our ZCM from 10.3.2 to 11.2.2. All of our managed workstations have 10.3.2 agent installed on them. I know I can push/deploy the update down through system updates but can I also install the update manually if I get the preagentcompleteinstall from the Download Zenworks tools part of ZCC? If I can use the complete install file to upgrade, what is the process? Do I have to uninstall ZCM 10.3.2 agent first and then install the 11.2.2 agent from the install file? If I am using the complete install file I assume I don't have to install the 11.2 agent before installing the 11.2.2 correct?

Thanks for any information.

Andrew
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: upgrading workstations to 11.2.2 agent

Acshearer,

> can I also
> install the update manually if I get the preagentcompleteinstall from
> the Download Zenworks tools part of ZCC?

simple answer, no, not in any kind of supported way

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As Shaun noted,

This is not possible.
You will want to use "System Update".
ZCM 11.2.3, however, will make this easier.

Your 10.3.2 devices will be able to upgrade directly to 11.2.3.
For ZCM 11.2.2, they will upgrade to 11.2 and then 11.2.2.

On 4/5/2013 12:46 PM, acshearer wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded our ZCM from 10.3.2 to 11.2.2. All of our managed
> workstations have 10.3.2 agent installed on them. I know I can
> push/deploy the update down through system updates but can I also
> install the update manually if I get the preagentcompleteinstall from
> the Download Zenworks tools part of ZCC? If I can use the complete
> install file to upgrade, what is the process? Do I have to uninstall
> ZCM 10.3.2 agent first and then install the 11.2.2 agent from the
> install file? If I am using the complete install file I assume I don't
> have to install the 11.2 agent before installing the 11.2.2 correct?
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Andrew
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the information. So even if I uninstall the 10.3.2 agent and then use the complete install file to install 11.2.2 that is still not supported or the way to go?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Acshearer,

it's a heck of a lot of work...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yeah.
Definitely Much Harder.
Why would you do that to yourself?

On 4/6/2013 3:38 AM, Shaun Pond wrote:
> Acshearer,
>
> it's a heck of a lot of work...
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Neophate Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a process where you can do this with a bundle as a single pass upgrade without having to go to 11.2.0 then 11.2.2... While Novell will indeed NOT support the process itself the machines will not become unsupported. You have to push the preagent installer AND the ZESM agent setup.exe down to the workstation using an install files type action and then run a script which you also push down. I would be happy to provide you with this script if you would like to give it a whirl.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it. I am having one minor issue with my satellite servers. I updated them through the system deploy process and they all updated fine and show 11.2.2 for all modules: Asset mgmt, bundle, Image, Inventory, Patch, Policy, Remote, and user. The DLU policy doesn't seem to want to work. If the account I am trying to login to is a local account on the machine it logs me in but not into ZCM. I have to right-click on the ZCM icon and then choose login and it then logs me in. If the account is not on the machine as a local account it gives me the windows workstation login window to type in a local account. Do you know what could be causing this? I kind of remember some talk about maybe have to re-create the DLU policies after upgrading to ZCM 11.2.2. Could this be that problem and re-creating them would take care of that?
Thanks,
Andrew
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Acshearer,

is the DLU policy set to manage local account if it exists?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Yeah it is. I think I figured it out. In my location rules for the subnet that the server is on I have the closest servers setup that the workstations go to the satellite first and then to another server. This also included the server looking to itself first as well. I changed that the server looks to other ZCM servers and not itself and then was able to log on just fine including ZCM logging me in as well. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but I was able to get in. I am going to check again this morning.

Thanks for all your help.
Andrew
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Acshearer,

nice

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.