bharste
Visitor.

zenBackup.xml already exists

I was wondering if anyone had a quick answer to this error from my zenowrks 2017 update 1 server.

Novell.ZENworks.InventoryManager RunFieldApplications problem: RunFAProblemUnexpectedException (The file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\work\inventory\zenBackup.xml' already exists.)

I have quite a few clients doing this after I upgraded from 11.3.1 to 2017 update 1.
I can open a ticket easy enough but I figured I try here first.

Thanks,
Brook
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: zenBackup.xml already exists

I'm going to share your curiosity. I had that show up on a couple devices for a while, then apparently self-resolve. Interested in what you find out.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

There seems to be an open bug#1057470 for this error.

Thomas
0 Likes
kjannasz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same problem here, I have 11 station with this error after update to Zenworks 2017 Update1 from Zenworks 2017. Could it be connected with unreliable Inventory Software Applications reports?
0 Likes
bharste
Visitor.

thsundel;2465994 wrote:
There seems to be an open bug#1057470 for this error.

Thomas

Is there a public url to track the status of that bug number?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No, but I would expect it to be fixed in next major release.

The core issue is the file in question is a temp file that should be cleared when inventory completes.
In some cases, it is not so the error is generated.
The Fix written in bug is to allow the file to be over-written if the prior cleanup did not take place for some reason.
0 Likes
Not applicable

As I had a customer with this issue and raised the bug myself, I can confirm that the fix provided from the bug resolved the issue it seemed. The fix looks to be included in the next update.
0 Likes
bharste
Visitor.

strj500;2466345 wrote:
As I had a customer with this issue and raised the bug myself, I can confirm that the fix provided from the bug resolved the issue it seemed. The fix looks to be included in the next update.

OK, sounds good. Thanks all for your replies.
0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Indeed - thanks! Can't remember -did you include the bug/SR number earlier in the thread? If I run into a customer with the issue I might want to inquire about an FTF.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

bug#1057470 is the one .....it was mentioned by Thomas earlier........
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.