joebrug Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

zenuserdaemon CPU

We have a couple of Windows 7 x64 machines that multiple users RDP into. They're still running the 11.4.3 agent, I'm using ZCM 17 server appliance.

When users are logging in (tested as myself), I see ZenUserDaemon.exe using lots of CPU for quite a while. Then it changes to explorer.exe using the CPU. It took 3 minutes to get my Zenworks bundle icons to appear on the desktop. 

Any ideas what might cause this? 

#novell on efnet
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: zenuserdaemon CPU

#1 - Did the Use Profile Exist Yet on the Device? If not, depending on size of the Profile it can take quite a long time to generate. Test times with existing profiles and not. If there is a large difference then the default profile can be examined.

#2 - Look to see what events may run on Logon/Refresh etc...If you are forcing an inventory scan, while forcing an scan for required patches, while installing per user bundles, all the while multiple folks are logging in at once....

#3 - Make sure the Win7 device has enough RAM. Even if one user disconnects, their session may still be open and running. There may even be multiple such sessions...All of a sudden a hefty 4gb of RAM is not so hefty when there are 2, 3, or 4 open sessions....even when 2 or 3 of those sessions dont have active users but are left open.

0 Likes
joebrug Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: zenuserdaemon CPU

Hey Craig,

Yes, user profile already exists on device.

I dont believe anything runs on logon.. some users have a "web bundle" that launches IE upon logging in, but I don't, and its still an issue for me logging in. I wouldn't be surprised if a Refresh happens on login, isnt that normal/expected?

These machines get rebooted nightly on a schedule to clear situations like that (and to patch windows). Ram doesn't appear to be the issue. 

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.