kmeuskens Absent Member.
Absent Member.

zmd-messages.log file locked (sharing violation)

Hi all,

Not really part of an 'install' procedure but I wasn't sure where else to post this.
I checked the /var/log/zmd-messages.log file on my ZCM11 Linux box and found that it has not been updating for a couple of months. If I bounce the box it logs a sharing violation error. Excerpt below. Anyone else seen this? Not sure what I should do about it....

18 Nov 2010 13:14:04 INFO WebCache Expiring cached files...
18 Nov 2010 13:14:04 INFO ServiceManager Finished Service Refresh
18 Nov 2010 13:14:04 INFO RPMBackend Updating status of patches...
18 Nov 2010 13:14:06 INFO RPMBackend Finished updating patch status
19 Nov 2010 09:02:17 INFO Daemon Received signal SIGTERM
19 Nov 2010 09:02:17 WARN ShutdownManager Preparing to shut down...
19 Nov 2010 09:02:17 INFO UnixWebServer Unix server stopped
log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file /var/log/zmd-messages.log. Sharing violation on path /var/log/zmd-messages.log
log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file /var/log/zmd-messages.log. Sharing violation on path /var/log/zmd-messages.log
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
mkoeppl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: zmd-messages.log file locked (sharing violation)

Hello kmeuskens,
was there any zlm agent installed on the machine before you installed zcm11.
We need more infos about the server to be able to do more than guessing.

Michael Koeppl Germany
0 Likes
kmeuskens Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes there was... I had ZCM10 on the box previously, and upgraded to ZCM11 mid-January.
0 Likes
mcludwig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You could try this TID 7006034

On 2/22/2011 8:06 AM, kmeuskens wrote:
>
> Yes there was... I had ZCM10 on the box previously, and upgraded to
> ZCM11 mid-January.
>
>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.