Evan Smith Absent Member.
Absent Member.

zmgexp 11.1 appliance error

i am getting this error trying to launch zmgexp on server .I read the docs about diff java paths they all give this same error .
I can get it to launch on windows but have no way to get to the image directory on the linux server from windows
any help appreciated.

Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_c heck() failed]
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.ImgExplorer.Main.run(Main.java:71)
at com.novell.ImgExplorer.Main.main(Main.java:228)
Thanks again
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: zmgexp 11.1 appliance error

smittycsi;2192222 wrote:
i am getting this error trying to launch zmgexp on server .I read the docs about diff java paths they all give this same error .
I can get it to launch on windows but have no way to get to the image directory on the linux server from windows
any help appreciated.

Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_c heck() failed]
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.ImgExplorer.Main.run(Main.java:71)
at com.novell.ImgExplorer.Main.main(Main.java:228)
Thanks again

Manually copy the images from the server using winscp to the workstation and make the changes to the image and then reupload the image to the server.

There is also a tool "Dokan SSHFS" that you can use to map a drive in windows to your zcm images directory, have not personally tried it though.

Thomas
0 Likes
Evan Smith Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I will give it a try but shouldn't the Image explorer work on the zenserver that would be a lot easier .The appliance is 11.1 does it work properly after SP2?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

smittycsi;2192412 wrote:
I will give it a try but shouldn't the Image explorer work on the zenserver that would be a lot easier .The appliance is 11.1 does it work properly after SP2?

Does the appliance even have a Graphical Desktop Environment, isn't it "text mode" only?

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:36:02 GMT, thsundel
<thsundel@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>Does the appliance even have a Graphical Desktop Environment, isn't it
>"text mode" only?

Yes. The ZCM appliances do have a GDE.
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
Idea Exchange sites within this community are now coming online for some of the Collaboration Products!
GroupWise Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/GWideas
SMG Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Secure-Messaging-Gateway-Idea/idb-p/SMG_Ideas
Old method is still available for some products here: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.