Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
neil0203 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem for the Borland Connector TFS

hi Curtis,

I met some problem for the connector to TFS. I installed 32 bit Borland connect(st-bc-1.0.2.51-win32.exe) and then copied the dlls and jars to the root of connector. And then I set the connect.xml and local.properties follow the TFS - Borland Connector sample. but when I run the connector it doesn't work success.

the errors log says: 

0 Wed Jul 09 14:59:12 CST 2014: Borland Connect: 1.0.2.51. Sync Group: Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_BorlandConnect
      1 Wed Jul 09 14:59:12 CST 2014: Internal error: findRelatedDataPools for OT_Bug_BorlandConnect returned 0 datapools at
Wed Jul 09 14:59:12 CST 2014: Internal error: findRelatedDataPools for OT_Bug_BorlandConnect returned 0 datapools at
java.lang.Throwable
 at com.borland.connect.Log.logError(Log.java:673)
 at com.borland.connect.Log.logFatalError(Log.java:695)
 at com.borland.connect.DataPool.getRelatedDataPools(DataPool.java:1050)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncSet.getRelatedSyncSets(SyncSet.java:1293)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncGroup.computeSyncSetOrder(SyncGroup.java:139)
 at com.borland.connect.Connect.setup(Connect.java:341)
 at com.borland.connect.Connect.runConnect(Connect.java:203)
 at com.borland.connect.Connect.main(Connect.java:186)

The attachments are connect.xml . Please help me to fix it.

And I have a few question about the connect.xml:

1. in Synchronization: 

What meaning about this setting:

<linkMap>
                <sourceProperty>ExternalID</sourceProperty>
                <targetProperty>Integration Build</targetProperty>
            </linkMap>

2.in Synchronization: 

What meaning about this setting:

<RelationshipMap>
            <relationshipSource>
                <type>Bug</type>
                <property>Related</property>
            </relationshipSource>
            <relationshipTarget>
                <type>Product Backlog Item</type>
                <traceType>Manual</traceType>
            </relationshipTarget>
        </RelationshipMap>
  <RelationshipMap>
            <relationshipSource>
                <type>Bug</type>
                <property>Iteration Path</property>
            </relationshipSource>
            <relationshipTarget>
                <type>Iteration</type>
                <traceType>Manual</traceType>
            </relationshipTarget>
        </RelationshipMap>

Thank you very much!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Curtis2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Problem for the Borland Connector TFS

Hi Neil,

Can you please log a support incident so we can assist you further regarding this issue.

Kind Regards,

Curtis McDonald

Software Support Analyst

0 Likes
neil0203 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi Curtis,

I don't know how can I log a support incident, could you help me to do this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Curtis2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Neil,

I was reviewing your connect.xml file and noticed a few things:

In your DataSource section for TFS you have specified the username as:

<userName>EDGE-WH-02/Administrator</userName>

You should just be able to specify <userName>Administrator</userName>

As you have already specified the location of the machine where your TFS resides:

<name>URL</name>

<value>edge-wh-02/.../&lt;/value>

Also,

In the final section of the .xml file within the <ProjectMap> tag

There is another parameter which you need to specify:

<enabled>true</enabled>

So it will look like this for example:

<ProjectMap>

<source>A0001-Release1404_Dev</source>

<target>BorlandConnect</target>

<enabled>true</enabled>

</ProjectMap>

In regards to your queries of linkMap and RelationshipMap you need to specify what properties you wish to connect (share) between StarTeam and TFS.  Looking at your code you have specified bug.

The linkMap is where the idProperty of the OTHER type will be stored.  Synchronization deletion of items of a given type requires a linkMap to be defined in the OTHER type.  The specified property should not be edited on items by users.  Both sourceProperty and targetProperty can be specified and at least one if required.

The RelationshipMap defines a when a property of an item is used to store a reference to an item of another type.  In StarTeam, these relationships are persisted by creating a trace with the specified traceType between 2 types of items.

Curtis McDonald

Software Support Analyst

0 Likes
neil0203 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi  Curtis,

I updated my xml, and now can synchronize bugs from TFS to ST CR, but can't  synchronize CR from ST to TFS. The attachment is my conncet.xml.

The logs says like this:

6 Fri Jul 11 16:35:54 CST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_Michael_Agile1 at Iteration 1: You do not have permission to update this work item. at
Fri Jul 11 16:35:54 CST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_Michael_Agile1 at Iteration 1: You do not have permission to update this work item. at
java.lang.RuntimeException: You do not have permission to update this work item.
 at com.tfs.connect.TFSItem.update(TFSItem.java:486)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncSet.update(SyncSet.java:713)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncSet.addNewItem(SyncSet.java:815)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncSet.addNewItems(SyncSet.java:563)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncSet.synchronize(SyncSet.java:1495)
 at com.borland.connect.SyncGroup.run(SyncGroup.java:242)
      7 Fri Jul 11 16:36:09 CST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_Michael_Agile1 at Iteration 2: The selected path for field 'Iteration Path' is invalid. at
Fri Jul 11 16:36:09 CST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_Michael_Agile1 at Iteration 2: The selected path for field 'Iteration Path' is invalid. at
java.lang.Throwable
 at com.tfs.connect.TFSItem.update(TFSItem.java:472)

Could you please check my xml and tell me how to fix it?

Appreciate for you helping!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Curtis2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Neil,

Sorry for the delay in response.

That's good to hear you are able to synch from TFS to ST.  

It looks like from the log that there are some permission issues that are blocking you from moving items from ST to TFS.

Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_Michael_Agile1 at Iteration 1: You do not have permission to update this work item. at

Fri Jul 11 16:35:54 CST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-Release1404_Dev to OT_Bug_Michael_Agile1 at Iteration 1: You do not have permission to update this work item. at

java.lang.RuntimeException: You do not have permission to update this work item.

I see from your Connect.xml file that you are using Administrator credentials, have you or your team changed or modified any of the access rights to the Administrator account? Either for StarTeam or TFS?

Kind Regards,

Curtis McDonald

Software Support Analyst

0 Likes
neil0203 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Curtis

Thanks for you response.

Now I can sync the CR and Bug between ST and TFS. But I met another problem is about 'Iteration Path'. This  is the log:

0 Thu Aug 07 09:30:22 BST 2014: Borland Connect: 1.0.2.51. Sync Group: Sync: ST_Sprint_A0001-BorlandConnect_TFS to TFS_Iteration_Agile_StarTeam1, Sync: ST_Story_A0001-BorlandConnect_TFS to TFS_Product Backlog Item_Agile_StarTeam1, Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-BorlandConnect_TFS to TFS_Bug_Agile_StarTeam1

1 Thu Aug 07 09:30:23 BST 2014: Starting TFSConnector version: 1.0.2.27

2 Thu Aug 07 09:30:23 BST 2014: Starting TFSConnector version: 1.0.2.27

3 Thu Aug 07 09:30:23 BST 2014: Starting TFSConnector version: 1.0.2.27

4 Thu Aug 07 09:30:27 BST 2014:   Removing: Bug 138 modified on Thu Aug 07 04:51:53 BST 2014

5 Thu Aug 07 09:30:28 BST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-BorlandConnect_TFS to TFS_Bug_Agile_StarTeam1 at Iteration 1: The selected path for field 'Iteration Path' is invalid. at

Thu Aug 07 09:30:28 BST 2014:   Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-BorlandConnect_TFS to TFS_Bug_Agile_StarTeam1 at Iteration 1: The selected path for field 'Iteration Path' is invalid. at

java.lang.Throwable

at com.tfs.connect.TFSItem.update(TFSItem.java:472)

I can sync success but log show this error .The connect.xml I do not change you can find in my last time reply.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Curtis2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Neil,

Current issue now is: "Sync: ST_ChangeRequest_A0001-BorlandConnect_TFS to TFS_Bug_Agile_StarTeam1 at Iteration 1: The selected path for field 'Iteration Path' is invalid. at"

Which means that TFS will not allow you to create a Bug that has no iteration path.  

Based on your .xml file you have specified a relationship between item 'Bug' and 'Iteration' but you have not set the mapping iterations.  

Your options are to either remove the relationship entirely or set the Iteration Path.

Thanks,

Curtis McDonald

Software Support Analyst

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.