Idea ID 2775777
One of our customers has requested for a utility that can remediate common issues with Connected Backup. The utility is requested intending to reduce support calls and helping customers to promptly solve some of their issues.
What the utility can remediate?
- Create a log file for operations performed and results
- Set Connected into verbose logging mode
- Parse the log for pertinent information
- Check and repair Java issues
- Check and repair hard disk - Check Disk
- Check and repair VSS
- Check and repair SOAP related errors
- Check and repair filter driver
- Check for conditions that would case very long backup issues
- Check for problems related to Compound File Analyzer failing, and backing up PST as flat files. Also, problems with mailstructure.db.
- Check for NAK 14 error and repair or at least determine the issue
- Check connectivity to both internet facing and internal servers
- Copy log file to UNC path share or send via email
Impact: The utility, if developed would benefit most of our customers.
JIRA reference: [CB-38232] Deloitte has requested the development of a utility to address common issues with Connected Backup.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.