Mary Bray
New Member.

7.2.1.3320 errors with record add-in

Hi guys,

Am having a very hard time trying to rewrite a 6.25 External link as a .Net record Addin.

Am using .Net 2, have the Path statement correct, have USING statments all over the place but when I try to save a record in the addin I end up with the attached error - something nasty from tsjcore.dll.

If you want the code it is extensive but i can post it, however i thought I'd just ask the question first if this is occuring elsewhere and if it is a bug in the dll that is getting fixed...

cheers,

Mary

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rich_Kid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 7.2.1.3320 errors with record add-in

Not an answer but something that might help track it down have you tried the same code compiled and running under 7.10 it might show if there are differences between 7.1 and 7.2 I did try my 7.1 record addin under 7.2 and it worked but it wasn't a long or extensive test.
0 Likes
Mary Bray
New Member.

tried 7.1 versions. no good.

i am opening a new form from the addin with options for the user and then save the record based on their choices.

Am now getting the TRIM crash error even if the record is not saved.

This is very nasty HP!!!

0 Likes
Mary Bray
New Member.

Think I have it:

1. Pass NO TRIM objects between procedures in a record add-in

2. do not attempt to set the database id - you can set up a new databse object, but it must connect to your default database. In case the user has connected to another (very possible in our environment) you need to check the database id of the passed in forObject and if not the default, then set the default in the registry before going off to other code, then remember to set it back at the end.

Basically this sucks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.