Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

9.2. Drag and drop on Outlook (365 Desktop) doesn't work

Is there any reason why dragging and dropping an electronic record from CM into an Outlook message wouldn't work?

The drag and drop looks to be working (the + sign shows up when you click, drag and hover over Outlook) but the file does not attach.

If you drag and drop to desktop first, then drag and drop from desktop to Outlook, it works fine.

Specs are CM 9.2 and Office 365 Desktop (32-bit).

I've tried an alternative setup using CM 9.2 and Office 2013 which does work - not sure this is conclusive enough to say that this means Office 365 is the issue.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: 9.2. Drag and drop on Outlook (365 Desktop) doesn't work

Works for me with Office 365 - does your CM bitness match Office's (shouldn't matter, but worth checking)

How are you authenticating to CM? Often you cannot drag and drop directly from one application to another if they are running as a different user or running as an administrator.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: 9.2. Drag and drop on Outlook (365 Desktop) doesn't work

Thanks Jan

It's good to hear the integration works for you, which means this issue isn't impossible to fix.

Fairly sure bitness is OK (normally my first check).

Hadn't thought much about authentication styles but will take a closer look.

Will update this thread if any fixes found.

Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.