Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. koubre Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

9.2 EmailLink Synch Service errors

We are having problems with our Email Synch Service.  It is disrupting our datasets - users cannot access Content Manager and datasets cannot be redeployed.  I can still access Content Manager, but cannot access any records in the system.  Restarting the EmailLink Synch Service solves the problem, datasets can be deployed, and users regain access.  However, this is happening on a weekly basis.  I'm including a screenshot of one of the error messages that our IT staff pulled from the server.  Any ideas on what is causing this?

synch service error message.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: 9.2 EmailLink Synch Service errors

I have not seen this before but it looks like a bug in Email Link, I believe you will need a support request.  We will need to do some investigation around memory consumption.

BTW,

• are you connecting to Exchange or Gmail
  • are you on the latest patch of 9.2?

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. koubre Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

We are connecting to Exchange.  

We are NOT on the latest patch.  We're on build 9437.

I'm planning on opening a ticket, but I thought I'd ask the forum first (sometimes I get a quicker/better response).

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I recall a memory leak issue being addressed some time in the past year or so, so it might be worth trying the latest patch.  If you call support you will almost certainly be asked to try the latest patch anyway 🙂

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.