Dave Jackson Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

9.3 Mobile Client

Currently doing UAT for upgrade to 9.3. I did hear a whisper of a native mobile client that is available with 9.3 that works better on smaller mobile devices than the web client might. I did some searching and couldn't find anything, is this accurate?

If so has anyone tested, how do we deploy on a test device?

Cheers. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Frequent Contributor.. Les Pall Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: 9.3 Mobile Client

Hi Dave,

I'm preparing my 9.3 UAT environment also. From what I see, the 9.3 Web Client and Mobile client are pure web pages, each with its own URL.

I have simulated user experience by resizing my Chrome browser on a PC or Mac to match the form factor of a modern mobile phone. The UI is much simpler - basically a vertical menu with a minimal UI.

Cheers

Les

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Cheers Les,

Yeah I finally found the URL's on our dev environment. The web client is a step up. I have been using the Developer tools in chrome to simulate the different phones / tablets on the mobile client. Only downer is not being able to make revisions.

Thanks for the response, definitely put me on the right track.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Hey Les,

Just another t'hing Ive noticed, is there a way to change New version, to New Revision on the web client?

We dont use versions.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Les Pall Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Dave,

If you want to take the risk of modifying "factory" files - it can be done, but you are warned - you do this at your own risk.

Navigate to the installation directory of your files, then "Web Client\Scripts"

Edit the file "HP.HPRM.Web.js" and on line 2499 - 2500, change the following from :

this.web_newRecordVersion = 'New Version';
this.web_newRecordVersionToolTip = 'Create a new Version of this Record';

to

this.web_newRecordVersion = 'New Revision';
this.web_newRecordVersionToolTip = 'Create a new Revision of this Record';

Basically, you are changing the label, without changing the underlying function or meaning. 

Your mileage may vary.

Cheers

Les

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Cheers Les.

Wondering if there was a way for it to create new revisions, not just amend the caption, which is handy to know how now though.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.