Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

About HPE Records Manager ExchangeLink

In the introduction of the RM8.3_ExchangeLink.pdf it is written:

HPE Records Manager ExchangeLink enables users to file email items to a mail folder, which checks
them into the equivalent HPE Records Manager container record.

This enables user to file mail items quickly to frequently used HPE Records Manager containers
whithout the need to have the HPE Records Manager client open on their computers.

Users can set up and manage multiple email links of this type, as required.

Can someone explain to me how this is different from the RM Add-In configured in the Outlook client?  It seems to me you can do everything stated in the introduction thru the RM Add-In.

I understand that once the ExchangeLink is configured you can  link a RM container thru the

Send To - Add To Email Links.  

What is the added functionality in doing this?   If there is added functionality, it doesn't seem to be fully explained in the documentation.

Thanks.

RD

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: About HPE Records Manager ExchangeLink

https://www.cmramble.com/blog/2017/10/3/kicking-off-a-workflow-from-an-online-form-submission

Although that post referenced gmail, the concept applies to exchange as well. Basically you can ingest emails without the end-user doing anything (except filing into a folder).
---------
Erik
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Erik,

Thank you.   I will review your attachment.

RD

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The point is no client install.  If you are happy to have a client install then Outlook addin is for you.  Although one benefit irrespective of whether you want a client install is that the processing happens on the server so if you catalog a bunch of email it does not tie up your machine.

No client install means no need for Outlook so OWA or mobile email can be used.

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.