Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. LP126 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Access Control - customization

Jump to solution

I’m trying to figure out how to customize the access control on a document (access control is set at the record type level) after it has been added to content manager.

Example:

Employee Folder: access control is set at the record type level allowing only HR access

Employee Subfolder:  access control is set at the record type level allowing only HR access

Employee Document: access control is set at the record type level allowing only HR access

After the employee document is added is there a way to give the employee view rights by manually adding them to the access control?

I’ve attached a screenshot of the actual setup AFTER I manually added the employee to the view access control.  Unfortunately she is not able to view the document.

Wondering if I am missing something.  Sorry in advance if there is an obvious solution!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor.. koubre Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Access Control - customization

Jump to solution

Also give the employee permission to View Metadata.  If they don't have that permission they won't be able to find the record.  View Document just gives permission to view an attached electronic document.

Also double check your security level and any security caveats.  

2 Replies
Respected Contributor.. koubre Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Also give the employee permission to View Metadata.  If they don't have that permission they won't be able to find the record.  View Document just gives permission to view an attached electronic document.

Also double check your security level and any security caveats.  

Trusted Contributor.. LP126 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!!!  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.