Highlighted
Mark-sai Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Access denied error in web client when downloading/viewing the document

I have access denied error in web client when downloading/viewing the document. I can search the document. Only when I click on the attachment icon to view the document, i have that error.  But i can view or download the same document in RM thick client. I am the administrator of that RM instance and I am using RM 8.3. The error message generated is 'Access Denied, Reason - Access Denied'

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Access denied error in web client when downloading/viewing the document

Is it every document or just some?

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes it is for every document. Looks like somethings wrong with the web client install. It used to work with old web client server connecting to the same RM instance. Now we are trying to install web client on the new server and the issue occur. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

So, if you have not already solved this, the next question I have is whether this is a problem in converting the document to HTML for preview or in accessing the source document.  If you replace the site name and Record URI in the URL below does it work to download the Record or do you get the same error? 

http://localhost/HPECMContentManager/HPRMServiceAPI/record/9000000000/document/file

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Looks like I have found the root cause. It is due to the new patch for RM8.3 web client (9365). When we roll back to patch no. 9088 it is working fine.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.