Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Accessing 'Last Number for content numbering' field through SDK

Hi all,

I'm creating a small program to re-number the documents within a file using the SDK (TRIM 7.3), and I was hoping someone could tell me how to update the 'Last number for content numbering' property on the file.  It looks to me that it should just be a property of the record object, but I've been unable to figure out which one.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Accessing 'Last Number for content numbering' field through SDK

A colleague of mine suggested this:

Dim rt As RecordType

Set rt = db.GetRecordType("Document")

Msgbox  rt.LastNumber

Property LastNumber As String

Member of TRIMSDK.RecordType

Gets or sets a string containing the starting number for any new records created with this Record Type. This must be set to a value that matches the numbering pattern determined by the RecordType.NumberPattern property before this RecordType object can be save

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.