Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are we able to prevent users from Managing Folders in Sharepoint?

Is it possible to prevent a user from Managing/Finalizing a folder in Sharepoint? Is this something that can be configured via RMO?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Are we able to prevent users from Managing Folders in Sharepoint?

Yep you should be able to do it as long as you are in RM8. The SP integration user guide is pretty helpful under section 11.1.1

Here is the overview, I've attached the whole doco for you if needed.

Information security in SharePoint

SharePoint allows granting permissions for individual users or groups of users to sites, lists, and individual items.

SharePoint includes granular permissions that can be used to determine what a user can and cannot do with content. These permissions can include the ability to create, view, edit and delete content.

Permissions themselves are not directly assigned. Instead, "Permission Levels" are created, which group together one or more individual "permissions".

For example, permission levels provided by SharePoint OOB include

 Full Control - Has full control.

 Design - Can view, add, update, delete, approve, and customize.

 Contribute - Can view, add, update, and delete list items and documents.

 Read - Can view pages and list items and download documents.

 View Only - Can view pages, list items, and documents. Document types with server-side file handlers can be viewed in the browser but not downloaded.

In order to specify the permissions a user has to content (e.g. site, list or list item), users are assigned permission levels for that content.

Consider the following permission level, Permission Level 1 or PL1.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Greg, I'll take a look at this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It seems like my requirement is this. I don't want to modify what permissions a user has in sharepoint, I just want to control what they can manage via the HPRM add-in.

For example, lets assume that all the sharepoint users has Full Control. I only want them to have the ability to manage documents, not folders or list.

Is there a way I can prevent this via some settings in HPRM?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

any other ideas?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.