Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Trusted Contributor.. Sam Cornett Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Audit log search - See who has accessed a record with bypass access controls

Wondering if there is any way to search the audit logs to see anyone who has accessed a record using bypass access controls?

e.g. XYZ user had bypass access controls permissions, and has viewed a record which had "view metadata" and "view document" access controls limited to a group of users that did not include XYZ.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sander Hoogwerf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Audit log search - See who has accessed a record with bypass access controls

Would be nice to have this, but I don't think it's available anywhere at the moment.

Also I believe users with bypass permissions should be aware when using their privileges so that they can decide whether they really need to view/edit that document (or metadata) or not.
Something like an extra marker/icon shown in the list of records to show they have no regular access through the access control set on the record.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.