New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Bulk upload of electronic files

Jump to solution

Hello

I need to solve two bulk upload issues to Records Manager and I have never really done it and I don't know how to do it.

The first is to upload to a specific folder a variable number of files of different types (xls, doc, jpg, png, etc.) The user provides a list that contains the path, the name of each file and in the name of the folder in which it should be stored. This list is contained in an excel sheet. The user also provides a folder in which all the files are located. The volume of files is very large and adding them manually to the different folders would consume many days.

The second one, I don't know if to call it massive load. What the user requires is that mass ratings are created. For example,A user needs to create a main classification and within them multiple sub classifications.

There are users that generate 900 or more classifications and it takes a long time to do this process. Is there a way to automate this creation of classifications?In this case, the user provides on an excel sheet the name of each classification and how they should be organized.

Someone could tell me if it is possible to achieve these things and if it is possible to explain how I can achieve it. (Practical examples would be helpful)

Beforehand thank you very much.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

You could consider using the DataPort tool as part of your bulk update strategy.

DataPort is included in the RM installation - it can be used to bulk upload records, electronic objects, locations, classifications etc.

It has Import and Export capabilities - if you are unsure of where to start, it's easier to begin by Exporting data first, to get an idea of how you need to arrange your Import files.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

You could consider using the DataPort tool as part of your bulk update strategy.

DataPort is included in the RM installation - it can be used to bulk upload records, electronic objects, locations, classifications etc.

It has Import and Export capabilities - if you are unsure of where to start, it's easier to begin by Exporting data first, to get an idea of how you need to arrange your Import files.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.