Highlighted
JimSmithJr Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

CM 9.1 - Check in with Style - Out of Memory

We have a few PST's we are trying to archive to a CM 9.1 using Outlook 2013. These PST's have anywhere from 2K to 25K of messages in them. We process these emails a few at a time using the "Check in with Style" option.  Each time we have a few that error with the message "Out of Memory".

Example: I have a mailbox that had 25,000 emails in it. When we finished processing all the message we had about 900 that would not process.  

No matter what we try with these remaining 900 messages we receive "Out of Memory". The files are all different sizes ranging from 800KB to 13MB. We have tried on multiple workstations and servers.

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CM 9.1 - Check in with Style - Out of Memory

In theory, it should work, although it seems like going the long way around. Why not just drag the pst file into the CM client?

That should catalogue everything.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

If I drag a PST file into CM, I have a PST file in CM and not the individual emails. I can't search for individual emails or the contacts for individual email. We have to conduct FOIA searches on this dataset. If the emails are still in a PST that presents a problem.

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Admittedly, I have tested this is a while. But from memory, the individual emails should be searchable. Although they won't have individual record numbers.

Are you using 32 bit Office or CM?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

We are using 32-bit office going to 32-bit CM. While it would be interesting to find out about searching a PST, we need to have the individual emails in the dataset. This dataset is used to run FOIA requests (legal request for information). Once items are found we have to make a copy of the search results and send them out. If the emails are still in PST's I would still need to extract them.

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.