Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Joanna Thompson Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

CM 9.2.1.9629 - Dropzone - choosing which folders to file to

Jump to solution

Hi,

We're just in the process of upgrading to CM, and are wondering how others might feel about Dropzone.

I can see that it can be useful, but there doesn't seem to be a way to simply designate a single folder for filing to, e.g. either searching for a specific folder, or a user label/work tray.

The options given are very limiting as we have users who have many folders of differing types they need to file to over the course of their work day, and they may not have recently used them. They may also not be able to narrow it down to a single file using a saved search (which they would have to change every time they go to file something).

Any thoughts out there? Any recommendations? It would be great to use this function as we see the possibilities, but certainly not for all our users.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: CM 9.2.1.9629 - Dropzone - choosing which folders to file to

Jump to solution

We upgraded to CM 9.2.1.9630 in July. I haven’t yet released Dropzone into the wild, but I have been evaluating its usefulness. It seems to be designed for adding documents to the folders that the individual user regularly accesses and not for ad hoc capture.

The simplest way I could see this working would rely on your users sending all their required standard folders to Favorites. The administrator could make the Show Favorite Records option under the Dropzone tab a global setting. The users would then at least be able to drag and drop to their Favorite folders.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

We upgraded to CM 9.2.1.9630 in July. I haven’t yet released Dropzone into the wild, but I have been evaluating its usefulness. It seems to be designed for adding documents to the folders that the individual user regularly accesses and not for ad hoc capture.

The simplest way I could see this working would rely on your users sending all their required standard folders to Favorites. The administrator could make the Show Favorite Records option under the Dropzone tab a global setting. The users would then at least be able to drag and drop to their Favorite folders.

0 Likes
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Reading through your question and with limited knowledge of your context that your users have different type of folders and may not be recently used for them, looking for easy way to register the records. Checkin Styles may be suitable for these requirements where users or yourself as an Administrator can create Checkin Styles (subject to given permissions on the Checkin Styles, user can see the Checkin Styles) define all sorts of required parameters such as Folder.

In my case I created some common Checkin Styles across the organisation and other checkin styles are created by the users themselves for their use.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Joanna Thompson Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yeah, sadly Favorites is the route we thought was the only one we could take. It's too bad that there's no way to choose specific folders; I would have thought that was the place to start when creating such a function, but that's just me I guess.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.