Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

CM 9.2.1.9629 - Strange behaviour for location saved searches

Whenever I create a location saved search for users, when I get the results the majority are greyed out, and I can't tag them. If I create the same search fresh, and run it, all the users are there and taggable. What's going on? I thought it might be because we changed the captions on Records Manager and Knowledge Worker to be like the old TRIM (IW & EU), but I changed them back in the test environment and it didn't make any difference.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Joanna,

We're on CM 9.2 build 9630.  Would you mind letting me know what search criteria you're using for your saved Location search and I'll see if I can replicate the issue?  Does the search have a specified owner or can any user run it?

Cheers,

Heather

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Heather,

Search criteria = "all", filtered to active internal person. Saved search has no owner. I also just ran it in both datasets we currently have, and in one, it didn't affect End Users, Inquiry or Admins, but in the other it affects all user types except Admins. makes no sense.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Are the greyed out locations definitely active?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Joanne,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate your specific issue in our datasets.  I even went and fiddled with access controls on the Saved Search, access controls against individual Person locations, and Location Permissions against the user type to see if any of these would cause the greying out in a Saved search result and it doesn't ....  BUT I feel there's some general weirdness going on with saved Location searches in 9.2.

In my case, if I or any other user creates an Internal Person search from scratch which is filtered to include both Active and Inactive, it will happily return the results (and inactive and disabled Locations are all able to be tagged);  however, if I or any one else saves that search and then re-runs it, it doesn't return any inactive Locations, even though when you check the Properties, Inactive is still ticked under the Filter tab.  

If I run an Internal Person search filtered for Inactive only, it'll return the results, but once I save the search and re-run it, I get no results. When I check the filtering, Active is ticked, and Inactive has been unticked. 😕

I'm sorry I can't be of help. If anything else occurs, I'll post it.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

That's actually another thing I noticed as well, a while back, when I create a Saved Search that contains Unknowns and Person as a filter, all active/inactive/internal/external tagged, when the search was run, and I didn't get any results, I looked at the filters, and Unknowns are untagged, Active and Inactive were greyed out, but Inactive had also been untagged, so similar to your findings. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, thanks for trying, and letting me feel like I'm not alone in the wilderness.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.