Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

CM 9.2.1 - Sharepoint tags

Quick question. A client has asked whether the tags created and attached to documents in SharePoint are able to be imported into CM when filing. If yes, is there any action on our part as administrators to ensure the tags become part of the CM document metadata?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Further, if using the SharePoint Integration module, would tags and note be imported?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi

What version of SharePoint is being used?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

We're using SharePoint 2016.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Joanna,

By “tags and Notes imported” do you mean, if the SharePoint tags and some column field will be populated as CM Thesaurus and Notes? 

cheers,

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If I create tags and notes in SharePoint that I then apply to documents in SharePoint, and then file those documents into Content Manager, will the metadata in the tags & notes be attached to the document in CM somewhere? I don't know anything about the Thesaurus, we don't actually use it. I just need to know if the metadata translates anywhere in CM, or will it be lost. Clients want to use the tags and notes, but also want that information to be captured during filing.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.