HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

CM 9.2 Web Server URL

Jump to solution

CM9.2; Windows 7

We have a Training Dataset, as well as a Production dataset.  I've set up the URL for the Production dataset with no problems (http//<servername>/hpecontentmanager).  I'm wanting to do the same thing for our Training dataset, which lives on the same server.  Any clues as to what URL to use?

Also, is there a setting which would automatically force the web client to show both contained records and alternative, rather than having to drop down under Navigate To and select it from there each time?  

All advice gratefully received!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CM 9.2 Web Server URL

Jump to solution

*** Training Version of Web Client ***

Simplest solution is a complete copy of the Content Manager\Web Client folder and a duplicate IIS Application in IIS Manager.

It is possible to run multiple config files (and thus multiple database IDs).  I have included the documentation from the ServiceAPI documentation below.

*** Alt Contents ***

I am not sure that the Web Client obeys this but there is a user option to include alt in Records.

Multiple config files

A single ServiceAPI instance may host multiple config files (and thus datasets) as long as there are multiple matching IIS applications. To host a second (or subsequent) config file:

1. create a new IIS Application and set its physical path to be the same as your original ServiceAPI, also make sure that the Application pool and authentication are configured correctly.
  2. copy the file ServiceAPI\tenants\ServiceAPISAMPLE.sample to [yourIISApplication].config. NOTE: The name of this file must be exactly the same as your IIS application.
  3. set the 'databaseId' attribute in the 'setup' element of your new config file.

The ServiceAPI, when loaded will look to see if there is a config file in the tenants folder with the same name as the IIS application, if not it will fall back to using the standard hptrim.config file. Of course the duplicated config file means you may not only set the database id but also any other config setting.

Updating the multi config file

It may be that your config file is more up to date than the sample. To update the sample simply replace the entire 'hptrim' element (including all contents) with what is in your existing hptrim.config.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

*** Training Version of Web Client ***

Simplest solution is a complete copy of the Content Manager\Web Client folder and a duplicate IIS Application in IIS Manager.

It is possible to run multiple config files (and thus multiple database IDs).  I have included the documentation from the ServiceAPI documentation below.

*** Alt Contents ***

I am not sure that the Web Client obeys this but there is a user option to include alt in Records.

Multiple config files

A single ServiceAPI instance may host multiple config files (and thus datasets) as long as there are multiple matching IIS applications. To host a second (or subsequent) config file:

1. create a new IIS Application and set its physical path to be the same as your original ServiceAPI, also make sure that the Application pool and authentication are configured correctly.
  2. copy the file ServiceAPI\tenants\ServiceAPISAMPLE.sample to [yourIISApplication].config. NOTE: The name of this file must be exactly the same as your IIS application.
  3. set the 'databaseId' attribute in the 'setup' element of your new config file.

The ServiceAPI, when loaded will look to see if there is a config file in the tenants folder with the same name as the IIS application, if not it will fall back to using the standard hptrim.config file. Of course the duplicated config file means you may not only set the database id but also any other config setting.

Updating the multi config file

It may be that your config file is more up to date than the sample. To update the sample simply replace the entire 'hptrim' element (including all contents) with what is in your existing hptrim.config.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
HeatherM1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, David!  🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.