Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Respected Contributor.. LP126 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

CM 9.3 - Record Searches using location method not working correctly

Hello!  I posted about this awhile ago - still haven't found a solution though.  We have had a support ticket opened since May/June but we aren't getting anywhere.  I'll explain the issue below - I also have a screen recording if anyone wants to see that - I'm not able to attach it here though.  It's a WMV file - if there is a way to upload that let me know and I will try again.

Anytime we search for records by OWNER (location search) the search criteria autofills/completes after the first keystroke. For example I tried to search for records with the owner location 'Public Works Department' but the second I type the U (in Public Works Department) the location criteria automatically fills with a location that comes before 'Public Works Department' alphabetically - in the screen recording it fills with PLANNING.

Anyone have any ideas?  It happens when use ANY "location search method".

0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Steve Macukat Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: CM 9.3 - Record Searches using location method not working correctly

Hi LP126. We have the same problem. You can minimise how frequently it affects you if you tab out of the field quickly before it suggests a matching location. Then choose the correct location via the quick select button to the right of the box.
TOTinWA Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I'm using an earlier version (RM8) but assume it still works the same way.
When you start typing in the location's name the first letter you type will not be highlighted, but the rest of the suggestion will (in your example the LANNING part of PLANNING). If you press the delete key it will delete the highlighted part and you can continue typing in he location name you are searching for.
Also, the drop down list box button lists the names/locations you have previously used, if you hover your mouse pointer over these names (whilst the drop down list is displaying) you can delete them one-by-one.

Respected Contributor..

Did this start happening to you after you did an upgrade?

I'll have to try tabbing out - thanks for the suggestion!  Hopefully they can fix the issue - if so I will let you know!

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Thats what we are having a problem with - it should be working how you explained but it isn't.

Instead of providing highlighted "suggestions" it just autocompletes the search criteria.  Also, we would have to delete the recent searches after every search in order to prevent it from happening.

It's strange and we are stumped.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

I've also noticed that if you have CAPS LOCK on the search works the way it is supposed to... have you noticed that?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.