Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
sp3ncer Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

CM 9.4 Deployment issues

Hi All

I am having some issues with the deployment of CM 9.4, the first part is configuring the client dataset and repacking it into the msi, I've done exactly as the instructions suggest and it doesn't appear to work. I copied the client MSI, admin installed it and replaced the small MSI in the unpacked area, edited the clientconfigdataset file with the below and repacked the MSI with insted as it suggests. 

<CMDatasetConfig>
 <Dataset>
        <Id>TT</Id>
        <Name>CMTest</Name>
        <PrimaryURL>edrmsapp</PrimaryURL>
        <SecondaryURL></SecondaryURL>
        <AuthMechanism>0</AuthMechanism>
        <CompressionEnabled>0</CompressionEnabled>
  </Dataset>   
</CMDatasetConfig>

Further to this I am having big problems with the Outlook addin integration, it shows in Outlook however we can't enable it, it sits in inactive addins and will not change when you select it and hit ok, it just goes back to inactive. I tried on a fresh VM machine with just windows 10 and office and the addin loads fine, however after CM 9.4 is reinstalled the addin will show up even if not specified in the install of which indicates cleanup issues when uninstalling. I cannot find any registry entries to try and clean them up.

Has anyone had any similar issues or perhaps could offer someone in struggletown a little advice 🙂 ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Visitor.. Tomikin
Visitor..

Re: CM 9.4 Deployment issues

Hey sp3ncer,

The issue occurs when you create the install package and then deploy it to a computer, the users who are new users, don't have the following key setup HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micro Focus\Content Manager\Datasets so it fails, if you create this key manually it will all work fine.

We have logged this with Micro Focus, and they have admitted its a issue, and are working on a solution, now that global settings is gone, and hacking the standard doesn't work, we are just we will be using (suggesting) customers just use group policy to deploy out the required settings.

Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: CM 9.4 Deployment issues

Further to this I am having big problems with the Outlook addin integration, it shows in Outlook however we can't enable it, it sits in inactive addins and will not change when you select it and hit ok, it just goes back to inactive. I tried on a fresh VM machine with just windows 10 and office and the addin loads fine, however after CM 9.4 is reinstalled the addin will show up even if not specified in the install of which indicates cleanup issues when uninstalling. I cannot find any registry entries to try and clean them up.

Most cases, this means the 'bitness' doesn't match between CM and Office.

I.e. CM and Office must both be 32-bit - or, CM and Office must both be 64-bit. 

If they are mismatched (e.g. 64-bit CM and 32-bit office) it won't work.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.