Respected Contributor.. madether Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

CM9.0 Excel

I have an open ticket but I thought I would check here too.
We have found that when a user uses edit to modify an Excel sheet and then saves the sheet and then closed Excel the check in does automatically work.
If the user uses check out then things start to go bad.If the user opens the file from Checked out documents and attempts to save the document the save fails because of Read only attributes on the file.  The location is (\\domain\userdata\site\username\home\documents\trim\temp) Though the checkout location is actually H: and if the user opens the file from there it works fine.

If a user checks out the document and then closes Excel the file stays checked out.

We have had instances where users have checked out a document and been working and saving the document as they go and close Excel, the next day they find that the changes are not there.

I have done a heap of testing and still don't quiet understand why this is not working the same way as say a Word document.

M

0 Likes
3 Replies
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: CM9.0 Excel

There seem to be a few edge cases where the automatic check-in function does not work, obviously for non-Office files and some Office files which rely on temp files/folders. 

As part of our solution we have an application called AutoCheckIn which works in these edge cases has smarts built into it to catch the documents which the inbuilt check in software seems to miss. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What does the error say (in full)?

(\\domain\userdata\site\username\home\documents\trim\temp) That is the users H drive. 

I'm wondering if it is a permissions issue for the user, that they are unable to write to that temp folder

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Mark SL NSW Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

I'm having the very same problem in 9.3. A permissions issue in the temp file on the profile did cross my mind, but if that was the case it would be affecting other file formats. It's not. Only excel.

This is, by the way, also using auto-check in. If we use "Edit" function fro check-out, when close id doesn't check in. Needs to be checked in a second time but the file is no longer in the temp file.

However, have just noticed that affected excel files are being converted to Zip as they're checked in.

Regards

Mark

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.