New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

CM9.2 Check in Styles - how to remove when linked to Outlook

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have huge turnover of users, and when staff leave, they usually don't think about unlinking their Outlook folders from any Check In Style.

We don't remove inactive users from our locations table, because their names are usually embedded in the records somewhere, either as creator, editor, or just as an addressee in email.

As an Administrator working with front end business (rather than being an Admin who works for our Information Management Branch), is there any way to delete Check In Styles for users no longer active in CM? I have a long list of check in styles cluttering up the table because the "style is associated with a check in place that is used by the outlook add-in". In previous versions of TRIM, when we used document queues, I was able to delete any that were associated with inactive users, so clean up was easy. Even if the user has completely left employment here, and no longer have any Outlook presence at all, I still can't remove these.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

The only way I have found to do this is at the database level, which is not terribly user friendly, even if you have access to the database.

I logged a call on this with CM 9.2 in Sept 2018 and it was turned into an enhancement request. I haven't actually checked it with 9.4.1, so it may have been fixed. However, the change request still shows it as 'under review' ( https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2D67379  ).

Cheers,

Mike.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

The only way I have found to do this is at the database level, which is not terribly user friendly, even if you have access to the database.

I logged a call on this with CM 9.2 in Sept 2018 and it was turned into an enhancement request. I haven't actually checked it with 9.4.1, so it may have been fixed. However, the change request still shows it as 'under review' ( https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2D67379  ).

Cheers,

Mike.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As the error message hints each Checkin Style may be associated with one or more Check in Place.  This is because a Checkin Style may be used by multiple people for multiple purposes.

I am not sure why we have the validation to prevent an admin from deleting a Checkin place but we do.

*** The good news:

If you have admin access you can:

1. RMB on the Checkin Style
  2. go to 'Show Checkin Plaves'
  3. see a list of Check in Places for this Checkin Style
  4. refine the search
  5. search for all Checkin Styles where the Owner Location is inactive (or whatever search you desire)
  6. delete the Checkin Places
  7. delete the Checkin Styles.

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Thanks! I will wait and see if the ability turns up in future upgrades.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

I have admin access, but I don't see any menu item called "Show Checkin Places".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

We are on 9.1:  I go to the user profile, RMB > Maintain Check-In Styles and delete whatever appears.  A user has to be marked as Internal otherwise the delete menu option will not be available.

Brian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

That's not an option for me. Yes, there's the option to Maintain Check In Styles, but that just opens a window to the Check In Styles table, where I have the exact same issue and can't delete the CIS because it's attached to a location in the Outlook Add-In.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

This isn't an option on my menu. Doesn't matter whether I'm in the location table or in the CIS table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
The CIS owner is checked as internal?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.