Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Respected Contributor.. madether Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

CM9.2 outlook error

Jump to solution

Getting the following error when opening 9.2 with Outlook:

You do not have permission to view the property 'Network Login'.

This happens while HPE content Manager is checking required features.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CM9.2 outlook error

Jump to solution

I just replicated and fixed this.  I expect the fix to be included in the next 9.2 patch and the next major release.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

How are you connecting to CM?  Via the Web Client URL or not?

Do you have an error in the logs? (C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\OfficeIntegration\Logs)

Is there any chance that you are connecting with the guest account?

All users (down to the level of Contributor) shold have access to view their own Network Login so I am not sure what is happening.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Everyone has their own login and the guest account is disabled.  using the 9.2 client only.  Strangely I can access the new version without issue and pre-existing clients are all having the same issue.  I have taken a brokens users TRIM hive and applied it to my user profile and I have not been able to replicate the issue with my account.

The bottom of the log file has the follwing in it after you see Loaded Add-in:...

error HP.HPTRIM.SDK.TrimException (-2146233088): YOu do no thvae permission to view the property 'Network Login', <no inner exception> Occured on line:0 at HP.HPTRIM.SDK.Location.Get_LogsInAs()

at HP.HPTRIM.Framwork.RM.StaticTrimOjbects.STOExtension.ToStatic(Location loc)

at HP.HPRM.OfficeIntegration.SDK.Extensions.SCSfromCS(CheckinStyle style)

at HP.HPRM.OfficeIntegration.SDK.SDKHelper.GetDefaultCheckinOUSendStyle(Boolean forceRefresh)

at HP.HPRM.OfficeIntegration.Outlook.OutlookAddin.Api_ConnectionMade(Object sender, eventArges e) 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What do you mean by

Strangely I can access the new version without issue and pre-existing clients are all having the same issue.

Are you running mixed  versions?  Is everyone on 92?  Is the WGS 92?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

The test (pre release ) environment is 9.2
windows 7 workstation.
user A gets the error I posted, however when I use the same workstation I don't get the issue.

What I think about the issue is that there something in the users roaming profile that might be causing the issue.

I took a copy of users A's trim user hive and applied it to my user hive and I was not able to replicate the issue.

Yet to be proven is that removing the Appdata /local/hp and /roaming/hp user configuration fixes the issue.

0 Likes
HSE Andy Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Seeing a similar error in CM 9.2 Patch 1
Appears to happens for all uses who cannot override acces controls.  Profiles who can overirde access controls permissions are fine.

Started to occur afte we amended some Check In styles.  Trying to let all users be able to use a 'Global' style, we set the 'Stle Owner' to a Organisation everyone was a member of but which did not have login access.
Which resulted in a similar error, screenshot attached.

Settigg the 'Stle Owner' back to myself  resolved the issue.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I just replicated and fixed this.  I expect the fix to be included in the next 9.2 patch and the next major release.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. opensauce Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

Specifically, for those wanting to know more:

Create a Check-in style as an administrator (via Content Manager > Check-in STyles) and set the Owner of the style to be the parent organisation.

Then configure a user account profile to not have the permission: “View user profile details”

Then, as that user, launch Outlook.

You will see the error “You do not have permission to view the property ‘Network Login’” once the Add-In finishes loading.

You can reproduce the error by clicking on the "Check-in styles" option in the HPE Content Manager toolbar in outlook.

This also means you cannot access that Styles configuration side-bar, and you cannot use check-in styles.

Workarounds (which are not very acceptable) are:

1. Upgrade users to at least "Records Manager" and set that permission. (You cannot assign that permission to a lesser user type).

2. Remove the shared check-in style, and require ALL users to create and manage their own.

Seeking a proper solution to this from MF.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.