Highlighted
RachaelR Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

CM9 Shared User Labels

Jump to solution

Hi Everybody,

We upgraded from RM8.2 to CM9.0 at the end of last year. So far it's ok, but we're waiting to see how it goes once everyone is back from break.

I just want some information about Shared User Labels
Are the automatically available to everyone or do you have to make them available?
I'm the administrator so I am assuming that is the reason why i can see every single user label in existance in our system. How do I just bring up my user labels? I don't want to have to put "1" in the front of the names of each of them to bring them to the top.
It's like a need a favourites option for them.

Thank you and regards,

~*~
Current Build: 9.0.4.488
My comments, views, opinions etc. are a reflection of myself and no-one else
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CM9 Shared User Labels

Jump to solution

Looks like there may be a bug with the administrator seeing everyone's labels.  I have lodged a change request.  As a workaround maybe you could create a saved search for 'top and owner:me' and make that Saved Search a favorite.

You can create sharred user labels from the context menu of a Location (e.g. a Group).

You can use 'Security and Access' to control who may create user labels for the group.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Looks like there may be a bug with the administrator seeing everyone's labels.  I have lodged a change request.  As a workaround maybe you could create a saved search for 'top and owner:me' and make that Saved Search a favorite.

You can create sharred user labels from the context menu of a Location (e.g. a Group).

You can use 'Security and Access' to control who may create user labels for the group.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
RM_Dutch_TRIM Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I think Churchland is correct.  Although there is a new option in the Permisisons for each User Type called Manage User Labels, that does not restrict a user from seeing all other User Labels.  I did some testing as well and trached it down to the Bypass All Access Controls, as soon as you remove that you can only see the User Labels that are related to a location that you belong to.

Wheher or not a bug (HPE will probably come back and say that it was an intended change) there should at least be an optiuon that you can easily toggle between your own ones and the organisations ones, e.g. using CTRL+I when toggling between all items and the favourites within that list.

Another work-around for now is that you search for your own location, make it a favourite and then right-clik on your location and select Manage User Labels, that will also only display your own User Labels and not all others.

Another work-around that I found (and this might be the best one so far) is:

1) In the Manage part of the Ribbon there is a button for Manage User Labels, when you click this you will only see your own labels

2) Create a Shortcut Key to the Manage User Labels (I created ALT+U) and when you use that it will also only bring up your own User Labels

The strange thing is that the "Saved Search" that is used to dipslay the Trays-User Labels or Manage User Labels appers to be the same (when you refine the search after clicking the option) but a different filter must be applied to teh view in both instances.

I must admit that I quite like the fact that there is now an easy way to see all User Labels because that was not always that easy in previous versions.  However, it does seem to be a bit of inconsistent functionality.

Keep us posted with the response from HPE on this.

Cheers

Gert-Peter Haar
EDRM Consultancy bv
The Netherlands
RM_Dutch_TRIM Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Also just tried thsi on HPE CM 9.1 and teh behaviour is the same.

Gert-Peter Haar
EDRM Consultancy bv
The Netherlands
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you both. I've created a saved search that returns my user labels.
I'd love to hear what HP have to say about it dchurchland

~*~
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

To get an official response you will have to contact support, however I lodged a CR a few days ago and it looks like it is fixed, so you will only see your own labels when you browse.  I believe this was in 9.1 Patch 1.

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

thank you

~*~
Allyv83
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi There,
Can you confirm if users can share user labels in RM8.3 (build 9231 and above)? It seems they can but only if they have the modify internal locations permission - this isnt something one would give lightly to an end user...

Regards
Alison
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. PerthRM8 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

This one is actually for 8.3 :

How we can setup the audit logs for User Labels in HPE RM 8.3 patch 2 9231 ?

Or how can we find out who DELETED very complex User label? I can't see any logs in Online or Offline logs...

Any comments appreciated, kind a urgent...

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.