Highlighted
Andrew_Lamp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Calls to COM API require active windows session on the TRIM server?

I'm no COM expert, so this may be a simple question.

When I make a connection to TRIM via the COM API, if I don't have a windows session open for the account I use to access TRIM on the TRIM server (remote desktop session) I can connect, but TRIM has 0 databases available. If I make a connection by remote desktop, then I see the available databases as expected. This works whether the session is active or disconnected, but not if I log off.

Is this expected behaviour? Something I can do to avoid this requirement?

Andrew

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Rich_Kid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Calls to COM API require active windows session on the TRIM server?

not quite sure if I read your post corretly so appologies if I have misunderstood.

when you make a Trim connection, the database that are "available' are the ones listed in the registry of the user account you are using at the time you make the connection

They are listed under the registry keys

v6 HKCU\Software\Tower Software\TRIM5\Datasets

or

v7 HKCU\Software\Hewlett Packard\HP Trim\Datasets

( There will be a key for each Dataset corresponding to its ID and a DefaultDB value and LoadDefaultDB value )

But you not limited to picking Datsets that you registry knows about, you can explicitly set a Dataset ID and server by specifing the ID and the server as part of the datbase object. (can speciify port if you use different ports)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.