Luke Salman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't save changes to checked out docs in Offline Records

Hi All

An info worker at my org checks out a word document to offline records for editing but when she hits save (not save as) it triggers the new document entry window. She just wants to save the changes to the document and check it back in as a revision. But the changes aren't saved. We have Trim version 6.1.4.6856. I am the administrator and it works fine with me. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Luke
0 Likes
5 Replies
Jon Grundy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't save changes to checked out docs in Offline Records

The user may not have permissions to update the Record Document or make changes to documents in general.

Check their access on the record and their user permissions.

- JG
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for your reply JG

She has info worker access, I checked the types of accesses but couldn't see anything that would restrict her from updating records. She has update record access. I think Trim might be checking the document out as read-only, this would trigger the new document entry window. Will try this and let you know.
0 Likes
Patricia Wagner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luke,

Just to reiterate what Jon recommended, you need to look at both the RECORD Access Controls and the Location Profile permissions. Just because a Location has the profile with "modify record" enabled, this is only good on Records where this Location has the rights to "Update Document" within the Record's Access Control.

Hope this helps!

Patricia
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Meela Davis Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Luke,

You will also need to check the user's permissions on her local windows profile. We've had various problems with people not being able to write to that part of their profile where temporary copies of documents are stored.

Cheers
Meela
TRIM 7.1 (1150), Windows 7
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks to all who replied,

It is strange, When she accesses the document from offline documents in Trim, it opens as read only, but when she accesses it from the Windows environment, it is not. It is annoying but nevertheless it is a solution.

Thanks again.
Luke
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.