Highlighted
TonyJK1
New Member.

Can the same license file be used for both Testing and Production Environment ?

Jump to solution

We are planning to set up 2 environments for TRIM 7.2 - 1 for Testing and 1 for Production.

We just wonder whether the license can be used on both Servers (at least for a short period of time)  ? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can the same license file be used for both Testing and Production Environment ?

Jump to solution
Yes
---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can the same license file be used for both Testing and Production Environment ?

Jump to solution
Yes
---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
TonyJK1
New Member.

Jump to solution

May I ask a silly question - When we get the license from HP, they do ask for the IP Address of the Production Server.  If the license can be applied on two servers, what is the purpose of asking for the IP address ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Weird. I've never seen them ask for an IP address. Most sites have more than one production server, so that wouldn't help them much.
---------
Erik
CMRamble.com
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

TonyJK1 wrote:

May I ask a silly question - When we get the license from HP, they do ask for the IP Address of the Production Server.  If the license can be applied on two servers, what is the purpose of asking for the IP address ?

Thanks

First I've heard of it too. Maybe something related to the IDOL part of the license? This really sounds like a question for your HP TRIM Account Manager 🙂

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.