Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Cannot connect to dataset - Invalid Pointer

I have been doing some testing and have been switching between our production and test environments. I have now encountered an "invalid pointer #80004003" error when trying to connect back to our production via the client. I have seen an older post here but that relates to the server. I am guessing I have done something to my registry. I can connect to every dataset except production.

If I change to my admin profile I have no issue so it looks like it is profile related but don't want to remove my whole profile 

Any suggestions

Cheers

Andrew 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi, Andrew

This is a long shot, but we've seen something similar when testing patches for 9.3.

Can you try clearing out the contents of this folder --> %appdata%\Micro Focus\Content Manager\<DBID>\Configuration\<your location URI>. Save the contents somewhere just in case!

The specific problem we had was with the spelling.cfg file. You could copy the version from your admin profile to your regular profile? Maybe try this first before deleting all of the other files. 😁

Good luck!

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks David

Micro Focus have got back to me and recommended I create a new CM Profile which I have done. I made sure I copied all my favorites etc 

Have no further issue 🙂

Thanks again 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.