Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. MichaelHeming Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Catalogue attachments only not working in Outlook 2007

Jump to solution

I've encountered an error with the Catalogue attachments only.  We are using TRIM 7.1 Build 1157 with Outlook 2007.

For emails that have a logo or image embedded into the email, the Catalogue Attachments Only option on the TRIM toolbar is greyed out, even when they have PDF or Excel attachments.

I did a bit of hunting around online and I understand that this issue occurred in some previous versions of TRIM and that it was due to TRIM ignoring the logo as an attachment.  However, the issue was first reported (that I could find) in 6.2x a couple of years ago and I was wondering if there has been any development since then?  Any workarounds?

The particular user has 700+ emails from the sender, each with attachments and each with a logo embedded.  I'd prefer not to have to get them to copy each attachment to a local drive before capturing it into TRIM...!

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Catalogue attachments only not working in Outlook 2007

Jump to solution

CR43622

Fixed in 7.1.1.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

CR43622

Fixed in 7.1.1.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
RobPeacock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Excellent Grundy- We have a seperate issue with embedded images in emails as Trim is not allowing users to Trim some of these emails (they get a Trim permissions error)I'm wondering if this is fixed in 7.1.1? We are using 7.1.0 and if 7.1.1 fixes this would speed up the upgrade internally.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

There were some changes around embedded items and cataloguing attachments etc...

If you give 7.1.2 a try on a test client it will be the best way to determine if yoru specific issue is solved. 🙂

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
RobPeacock Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Grundy, did you mean 7.2.1?  at this stage we're testing out 7.1.1 in the hope that this may fix some of the issues we're experiencing!

It's a difficult one due to the random nature of the problem. Some emails trim without problem and others don'e (both with embedded images). I've never received the error myself (I have Trim Administrator permissions)

If the user forwards the email to me, I can trim it and it seems for the most part the act of forwarding the email then allows it to be trimmed (however it's not the "original" email which causes some issues).

We have users who are trying the following things to trim an email

1. First try and trim email normally

2. Drag email to trim from outlook and try and trim

3. Forward email as an attachment to another email and catalog attachments only

4. worst case scenario, forward email, delete embedded images send then trim forwarded email

As they have to trim 20-30 emails a day they are getting very frustrated

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

There is also a 7.1.2 release available and it contains most of the latest Outlook add-in fixes.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.