Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing Preview Tab Settings in TRIM 7.3.0

Jump to solution

Is there a way I can change my Preview Tab in TRIM 7.3.0. My old TRIM used to have an Adobe Acrobat window in the preview tab for looking at PDF documents, but I can't seem to adjust the view options of the preview tab at all in this version of TRIM.

Thanks again

(sorry for the millions of questions)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

In case it helps, to get PDF files to preview nicely this way, I found we usually had to go to Tools>Options>Viewer tab and ensure that the PDF file type was listed there with the option to use the internet explorer plugin.

You may also need to go into Adobe Reader's Edit>Preferences>Internet and change the option of whether to use the "Read mode" by default, which replaces the full toolbar of controls with a mini toolbar that appears and disappears when the mouse moves over the document.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mandy,

Sorry just to confirm do you mean that in the old version, when opening a PDF it was opening directly in Adobe ?

And now it isn't?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
In the old one in the Preview tab in the View pane it would display as if it was in Adobe Acrobat with all the buttons at the top and the zoom options and things. Essentially, you could see the document the same in the Preview tab as you could if you had done right click and view.

In the new version I get a very small image or a very small blank image.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The viewers have changed around 7.3, so that is why it is different.

Normally I recommend that people just bypass and open with the native application eg Adobe. Would that be a viable solution?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
People don't like to open the document. They like to just use the preview tab to view the document. Is it the same in 8.1?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The viewer in 7.3 abd 8.1 are largely the same

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

In case it helps, to get PDF files to preview nicely this way, I found we usually had to go to Tools>Options>Viewer tab and ensure that the PDF file type was listed there with the option to use the internet explorer plugin.

You may also need to go into Adobe Reader's Edit>Preferences>Internet and change the option of whether to use the "Read mode" by default, which replaces the full toolbar of controls with a mini toolbar that appears and disappears when the mouse moves over the document.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tha nk you so much raynebc - you are my absolute hero right now!

🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.