Ash Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Check In on Close Issue / Question

Hi all,

I have had a few users report an issue with the Check In on Close button in the Office integration. Users are attempting to edit a document (using the double click method), they make changes to their document, the check in on close button is enabled and they then close the document, they then receive a HPE CM message stating "Do you want to save the changes?" when they click yes, they are then presented with the select from record types window. Is this intended functionality? I ask because I was under the impression that if it was an existing HPE CM document that they were just editing that all that it would do is create a new revision?

Can someone please clarify the above for me? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Ash

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ash Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Check In on Close Issue / Question

FYI - Using CM 9.1.2 Build 1118

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. WebKeg Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Ash,

I can confirm that it is, in fact, the intended functionality.

You can select a default record type to save as from the options menu option - but that's not going to meet your requirement. From what I can see from my version of 9.1, when you edit a document, it will automagically check out the document and when you make changes, save and exit the application, CM will again, automagically, pick up that file and check it back in.

At least that's what Im seeing in my environment.

HTH

** My views are mine and are in no way attributed to those of my employer **
Ash Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Awesome, I might just tell the users to avoid hitting the Check In on Close button once it has already been saved into CM. I think the confusion came from the description of the button when you hover over it because it says "Ensures that the document is automatically checked into HPE CM when closed" so used assumed that this would make sure it checks in, as since upgrading from TRIM we've noticed a little bit of a lag in documents automatically checking back in.

I have also noticed that the Check in on Close button stays enabled if you have clicked it once and you then open the document again. Not sure if that is intended functionality.

Do you or does anyone know if it is possible to remove or disable the check in on close from being in the HPE CM ribbon in word?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

You can use the 'customize the ribbon' option from within Word to remove it that way, but you'd need to do that on each machine, for each user. Unless you were able to identify a registry setting which controls them and roll that out over a network deployment script.

Trusted Contributor..

Oh - Word offers an "export" functionality you can leverage from the Options > Customize Ribbon menu settings.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.