Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Classification attached to a document when the record type is set as 'Free Text titling'

Hi all to the RM "Classification" gurus - 

was wondering if anyone had come across this issue and how they solved it? - An end-user saved a document into a CLassification-titled RM folder and unbelievably, the document itself has taken on the folder's Classification so that it appears in the Classification tree. Because the record type used for creation of the document is set to 'Free Text', you cannot remove or even change the classification from the document. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Classification attached to a document when the record type is set as 'Free Text titling'

I've seen this happen a few times, too, both in TRIM 7.3.3 and in our current CM 9.2.  It's only a couple of users who manage to make this happen, and they don't seem to have any idea how they do it.

Our record type for Documents is also set to "Free Text" for titling, but I've been able remove rogue documents from the Classification tree as below:

1. In CM 9.2 there's an option under System Options > Miscellaneous - "Prevent Records that behave as a document from being directly filed under a Classification".  If this is ticked, you'll need to untick it to remove the documents. I'm not sure if this option is available in earlier versions of RM or CM. 
  2. Highlight the document in the Classification Scheme, right click and select Details > Classification,  click Remove classification and OK to finish.  This should remove the document from the Classification structure, while still leaving it attached to the folder. (This was the only step I ever needed to do in TRIM 7.3.3)
  3. Go back to System Options > Miscellaneous and activate "Prevent Records that behave as a document from being directly filed under a Classification" again to hopefully stop it from recurring. 

Hope this helps. 🙂

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.