Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Oz_Ivy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Containers / folders in classification structure not displaying

Jump to solution

Sorry if this has been asked previously but I have not been able to locate an answer. I have a user who is able to view the classification structure in Records Manager but is not able to view the containers within it. I have checked their permissions and cannot locate anything that may be affecting this. I have not seen this before, can anyone enlighten me as to where I should be looking to fix this? TIA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. NMHS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Containers / folders in classification structure not displaying

Jump to solution

When I was customising our ribbons in 8.3, I added Classifications so people could browse through the scheme and see the files under the terms. However, when our users accessed the Classifications and right clicked at the second level where they should have been able to see and create files, there were no files and no New Record option.

What I figured out is that there are around 3 different Classification icons which can be used on the ribbon. The one I needed to use had Browse the Classification Hierachy in the tool tip when I hovered over it. The other two are Modify Classifications and Maintain Classifications and these don't show files as far as I can tell.

So it may not be a permissions issue but the fact that she is not using the right Classification icon to view the files?

Just a random thought, hope it helps.

2 Replies
Absent Member.. NMHS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

When I was customising our ribbons in 8.3, I added Classifications so people could browse through the scheme and see the files under the terms. However, when our users accessed the Classifications and right clicked at the second level where they should have been able to see and create files, there were no files and no New Record option.

What I figured out is that there are around 3 different Classification icons which can be used on the ribbon. The one I needed to use had Browse the Classification Hierachy in the tool tip when I hovered over it. The other two are Modify Classifications and Maintain Classifications and these don't show files as far as I can tell.

So it may not be a permissions issue but the fact that she is not using the right Classification icon to view the files?

Just a random thought, hope it helps.

Oz_Ivy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi NMHS,

Thanks for your assistance. Yes she is using the correct classification icon, in fact she had been using Search / Browse via Classifications and I then added the correct icon to the toolbar for her. Appreciate your help 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.