Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Content Indexing Should Be Suppressed - Why Is There A Backlog?

My organization finally had a hold released and I am starting to 'Dispose' of millions of image files cataloged in Content Manager. (Version 9.3.546 Patch 3)

Archiving--> Dispose--> Change the Disposition--> Destroyed

The record type of these image files under the electronic tab specifically has a check box, 'Supress Content Indexing' checked.

Why do I have a backlog displaying on all of my WGS if content indexing was suppressed? When these records were cataloged into Content Manager, content indexing wasn't enabled:

Ralph_Furino_0-1580827215072.png

Ralph_Furino_1-1580827239555.png

Would it be safe to 'Remove Events' on the WGS? Content indexing wasn't used when they were ingested into the system. Why is disposing of these records using content indexing now?

I am using multiple clients to dispose of these records. I had to halt all of the clients disposal previously to let the content indexing catch up. (Which its processing very slow anyway -- Hours!)

I forgot to mention that I am using IDOL for the content indexing engine. 😊

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Content Indexing Should Be Suppressed - Why Is There A Backlog?

Is there anyone with knowledge of this??

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.