Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Respected Contributor.. LP126 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Content Indexing Status Blocked By Error

Jump to solution

Version CM 9.3.1.300

Content Indexing queue is not indexing   status is stuck at Blocked By Error  

The error that is given is 

Error processing event on database '01' for processor 'Content Indexing'. Event details 27548459,boburi=95914,storeid=003+059X+0J720PL0IX.PDF, Error details: The attempt to do an IDOL delete failed. The attempted IDOL request DREDELETEREF failed. 500 Internal Server Error

we have three datasets and this issue is only happening to one dataset  (of course it's most important one as usual) 

Any insight on this would be appreciated 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Content Indexing Status Blocked By Error

Jump to solution

The likely reason this error is happening is because a record was deleted from your dataset. In turn, IDOL will try to delete the index data (since it's of no use).

Looks like IDOL is being prevented from deleting this record from its own index.

It is tricky/risky (trisky?) trying to cancel actions in IDOL (as it can easily corrupt your index). In the first case, try restarting your IDOL Server - it may purge any queued activities. Failing that, you may need to contact Micro Focus Support for further advice.

The easy option of course is to blow away the index and start fresh. Depending on your amount of records, this may be a lengthy task.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

The likely reason this error is happening is because a record was deleted from your dataset. In turn, IDOL will try to delete the index data (since it's of no use).

Looks like IDOL is being prevented from deleting this record from its own index.

It is tricky/risky (trisky?) trying to cancel actions in IDOL (as it can easily corrupt your index). In the first case, try restarting your IDOL Server - it may purge any queued activities. Failing that, you may need to contact Micro Focus Support for further advice.

The easy option of course is to blow away the index and start fresh. Depending on your amount of records, this may be a lengthy task.

Tags (1)
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Sten28

I was finally able to work with MF support and they performed some sort of back-end dark magic wizardry and get the Content Indexer started working again ( well kind of) When a document  would be added to CM it would take 8 to 12 hours before it could searched by Document Content.  Over the weekend I performed a  re-index of the content server  it's now taking around 30 minutes after a document is added to CM before it can be pulled up via a DC search. 

Is 30 minutes about the norm or could more tweaking be done? @Sten28 

I appreciate the time you took to look over my question 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. AG_LTBit Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @LP126 

I would check what your 'MaxSyncDelay' in your content engine config files are set to.
It dictates the amount of time that each content engine will wait to add new items to the index.

The default (and the one I generally use) is 600 (seconds) which is 10 mins.

You generally extend this time while doing major reindex operations to enhance performance where fast access to the index isn't necessary.

That is the only thing that jumps out at me from your post.

Good luck,
AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution
Yep checked the cfg and you are right on the money

MaxSyncDelay=14400 // For bulk reindex
// MaxSyncDelay=600 // For day-to-day

Thank you for the insight
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. AG_LTBit Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Great news. Not a problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.