Highlighted
Browne
Visitor.

Content Manager DataPort Error

I am trying to import a retention schedule using CM DataPort but I am getting this error message:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'HP.HPTRIM.DataPort.Framework.DataPortPropertyOrFieldDef.

Can anyone help with this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Content Manager DataPort Error

Getting the obvious out of the way:

• Is your import file type Unicode Text ? DataPort won't accept anything else.
  • Have you tried exporting the existing schedule data to use as a framework for import? This can help a lot when it comes to figuring out formatting.

If you are getting a string field error like this, normally it means Content Manager itself is rejecting the line, and DataPort isn't programmed to give you a plain English output.

For example, this error can happen if you try import a Classification with a badly formatted/misspelled Parent Classification - instead of saying "Parent Classification not found", you'll get the SDK error output..

It can be a bit of trial and error, but you could try importing your schedules, excluding non-essential fields, to see if it'll stick. You just need to try and determine what fields are giving you grief. Can be as silly as having a double space in a name somewhere.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Browne
Visitor.

Re: Content Manager DataPort Error

Thanks for the reply.

The import file is Unicode text.  I exported the schedule from another dataset.  I will keep playing with the fields and see how it goes.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.