Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Content Manager tries to register Sent Items when starting Outlook

We have just upgraded from  RM 8.3 to CM 9.4 and are seeing an odd issue.

All our users when starting Outlook O365 desktop client, that have the CM add-in enabled get a pop up wanting to check in all the sent items in their inbox.

Has anyone seen this before or know where this setting is?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Content Manager tries to register Sent Items when starting Outlook

CM 9.2 Build 9630 Patch 1 Hotfix 1

We're still on 9.2 so I'm not sure if this will apply, however, I noticed this behaviour for a couple of users and was able to stop it happening by clicking on the HPE Content Manager tab in Outlook, then clicking on Check in Styles.  I noticed that the option Check in Sent Items was ticked.  Once I got them to untick it, the problem stopped.

Hopefully, that might be of some help. 

0 Likes
Frequent Visitor.

Sorry we already saw that and tried the different options and no dice!

Thank you for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

☹️The only other place I can think of within the client is under Administration > System Options > Email Records.  There's an option Allow manual check In from Outlook Sent Items folder.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have not tested this but give it a try anyway:

• close outlook
  • open the file '%appdata%\Micro Focus\Content Manager\OfficeIntegration\preferences' in a text editor
  • set the value of the element HideSentItemsFolder to false
  • open Outlook
  • de-select 'Check in Sent items' ( if selected)
  • delete the folder Sent Items\Content Manager
  • close and re-open Outlook

Let me know how that goes, if it does not work I will investigate further tomorrow.

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi All,

We are also getting the same issue.

I have followed and tried the suggestions on this post including the suggestion from David however still have issues.

When I delete the Sent Items\Content Manager folder, it disables the addin. I can reactivate it however it would only give me an option to allow it for either 7 or 30 days. (meaning after those 30 days, it would disable it again and create grief).

Are there any suggestions that we can try? Thank you very much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Could you attach a screen-shot of the message please?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi, that is what would show up. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The original post makes this statement:

All our users when starting Outlook O365 desktop client, that have the CM add-in enabled get a pop up wanting to check in all the sent items in their inbox.

The screen shot I wanted was the popup.  Is this simply the record data entry form or is it a message box?  I want to make sure I am tracing the route correctly.  Once I do this it might be possible to stop the integration filing previously sent items if check in on send has been disabled.

BTW.  If you have CM 9.4 and a friendly IT environment it might be possible to do some BETA testing of a brand new Outlook Integration that uses a completely different architecture and should avoid all of this sort of problem.  Ping me if you are interested.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.