Highlighted
JimSmithJr Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

ControlPoint 5.5.1 - Sample Size Modification?

Jump to solution

I need to run small jobs that can finish within one week. Currently the SQL team takes our SQL servers offline for maintenance 2 hour every week. For best results I need to make sure everything has processed before the reboot. I'm working on getting this process changed, but it'll take a while.

I would like to be able to open a repository, select 100k records, and assign a policy to those records. Right now I open the repository and see 2 million records without a policy. I use the sample to show 5000 at a time, select all, than assign a policy. I have to then clear the results, and repeat the process 20 times to get 100k.

Questions

1. Is there a better way to do this?

2. Can you modify the sample selection to add 100K as a sample?

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor.

Re: ControlPoint 5.5.1 - Sample Size Modification?

Jump to solution

I feel a little stupid. This one is in the Admin Manual page 158. It lists a SQL statement that can be run to modify the samples.

update ControlPoint.dbo.CPGlobalSettings set SettingValue='50, 100, 500, 5000, 10000, 50000, 100000' where  SettingName='Autonomy.ControlPoint.Views.SampleSizesCSV'

NOTE: This will replace what is in the table. Also when messing with the database always make sure you have a good backup.

Does anyone have a better way to do this?

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
1 Reply
Respected Contributor.

Re: ControlPoint 5.5.1 - Sample Size Modification?

Jump to solution

I feel a little stupid. This one is in the Admin Manual page 158. It lists a SQL statement that can be run to modify the samples.

update ControlPoint.dbo.CPGlobalSettings set SettingValue='50, 100, 500, 5000, 10000, 50000, 100000' where  SettingName='Autonomy.ControlPoint.Views.SampleSizesCSV'

NOTE: This will replace what is in the table. Also when messing with the database always make sure you have a good backup.

Does anyone have a better way to do this?

Jim Smith
Information First
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.