Highlighted
Super Contributor.. AldoH Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Could someone please share an example of a webservice to create a record in Records Manager 8.3?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need to create a webservice to create records in Records Manager 8.3 and locations. I am new to this and if someone could share an example of a web service code that does that, I would greatly appreciate it.I have found some examples but nothing that shows a complete code which I can adapt to what I need to do.

It is possible that someone can help me.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Could someone please share an example of a webservice to create a record in Records Manager 8.3?

Jump to solution

Firstly that sample is not using the Web Service, it is using the native SDK.  If you are writing C# then maybe the native SDK is best for you.

I suspect the sample assumes that you have a default CM database selected when you do not.

If you are writing native SDK code start here or here.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
11 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Could someone please share an example of a webservice to create a record in Records Manager 8.3?

Jump to solution

what is you client environment?   Javascript, Java, C#...?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is C#

Thank you,

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There is a page in the built-in help that details usage from .Net/C#, it is help/DotNetClient

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information David,

I've already looked for it, but it doesn't exist in the help.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you extract the attached file and copy it to the help folder under your ServiceAPI install then you should be able to get to help/DotNetClient

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you,I will review the document. Since tomorrow I must have the service ready for testing. Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I can't see the help of ServiceAPI. As you will see in the attached images the file you sent me is there in the help folder. But when I open the help file, it doesn't show me the DotNet help.

Sorry I am asking very elementary questions, but I am new to this and I do not have much experience on how to make these web services to work with Records Manager. After noon I have to present the web service and I still do not get an example of a web service that can serve as a basis for what I have been asked to do.Thanks for your help.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Sorry,  Attached the screenshots.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi

Looking for solutions and testing, I am running one of the examples I found in a file I downloaded called Community-Master. The program is called CreateNewDocument.I execute it, but it shows me this message.

Loader database error The dataser with ID '??' has not been configured on this machine and no HPE Records Manager Workgroup Server has been specified to search for it.

What is the reason for this message and how can I solve it?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thank you

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Firstly that sample is not using the Web Service, it is using the native SDK.  If you are writing C# then maybe the native SDK is best for you.

I suspect the sample assumes that you have a default CM database selected when you do not.

If you are writing native SDK code start here or here.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks, David.

I have already managed to connect with RM and I am moving forward with the application in C # using native SDK. Thank you so much for all your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.