PeterMarshall
New Member.

Create a new User in RM8

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I know this may be a very simple question, but i'm a bit stuck. I'm a developer writing an integration with RM8, which has been setup by HP for us. I was setup as a User with integrated login and full admin rights.

I now need to add a new user into the system (both to allow another developer to work against this server, and to be able to check permissions are working with our integration), but can't seem to find where to do it (either in the help, or any of the tools on the server).

I have looked at creating a new 'Location', which seems to be the correct place, but when I do the dialog does not let me select "Network Login", or change the security profile. Do you have to create the location, then amend it ?

Thanks for any assistance

Peter Marshall

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member.. Jason Boswell
Established Member..

Re: Create a new User in RM8

Jump to solution

Its in the setup info menu option, far left of client interface.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Yes you are in the correct place, you should be able to create a new location of type person, fill in a few basic details for the name in the personal details tab then go straight to the profile tab and add network login details and usage profile.

If these are not enabled then i suggest that its either your permissions or license when is not letting you setup additional users.

0 Likes
PeterMarshall
New Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for that - how can i check the licence (as i think that is the most likely cause - I seem to be setup with all the permissions required, set as Records Manager).

My guess is that we are on a trial license.

Peter

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Its in the setup info menu option, far left of client interface.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.