Highlighted
SG76 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Creating External Links for CM9

Hi

We have created a new record type for forms.

We would like to have an external link on our intranet to the new records type.

This would allow user to to click the link & it would open the new form in CM9 for them to complete.

At the momnet they have to

• Open CM9
  • Goto home tab
  • Select New
  • Then choose the record type
  • Complete the form

To have a external link to take them directly to the form would save a lot of time & training.

I have attached an example of the form.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Strider_1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Creating External Links for CM9

Hi

Did you get any responses to this message?

I'd be interested to know if it can be acheived.

Thanks

0 Likes
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

From my experiences of CM External Links, it is a Link from CM to open External applications. This feature enables CM application to make a call external to CM like Civica Authority or any custom Integration where you need to pop-up the external application.  Whereas your requirement (quite a clever one) is looking to automatically Creates a Record by selecting a specific record type and filing in a particular Containers etc.  This can be achieved by leveraging on Portal integration (SharePoint and CM integration , it can be any such integration not only HPE provided integration).

From that user will simply fill in the same form what you showed and document will be automatically created and register in CM 9. / RM 8 in real time. This form feature can be embedded in your usual Intranet (Drupal, Wordpress or any other application because all it is a URL).

If you would like to more details , please feel free to ping me or contact me, happy to assist Customers who are looking for modernised way of managing their IM.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

A form entry like the one that you have attached from the client can't just be directly linked. It needs the client to run.

The modules we provide can get you something along the same lines, for example, the webclient or webdrawer. Both use a web interface and can be easily linked to an intranet.

There are certainly more seamless options that can be custom created via the software development kit or provided by some of our business partners. It really depends what level you are looking for in terms of user experience \ training and how much you would be willing to invest to make it happen.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.